New Rules at Uber: Masks are a Must
If it's been a bit since your last Uber ride, know that your next one will require a mask. No mask, no ride.
Uber made details of their "Door to Door Safety Standard available with some important updates in the time of COVID-19. Here's what else was included in an email to riders:
- To protect your driver, you must wear a face cover or mask and sit in the back on every ride. Drivers can cancel your trip if you do not wear one.
- Drivers are ALSO REQUIRED to wear a mask. Uber is using Face Cover Check technology to confirm that drivers are wearing a face cover or mask when they go online.
- Passengers should sit in the backseat to leave more space between you and your driver.
- Roll the windows down to keep the air circulating and help reduce the risk of spreading germs in stagnant air.
- If traveling with luggage, handle your own belongings to help reduce the risk of exposure. This is strictly in the interest of "fewer hands" touching your belongings.
- As always, Uber drivers are background checked before their first trip and are rechecked every year.