Belgrade Mom & Three Kids Lose House in Weekend Fire
You might have seen the smoke if you were out early on Saturday morning. At about 8:30 a.m., Central Valley Fire District and mutual aid units were called to a structure fire at a residence in River Rock Subdivision in Belgrade.
A single mom and her three children who lived in the residence on Green Tree Drive were thankfully able to get clear of the structure with no injuries. And according to a news release from the Central Valley Fire Department, the family's puppies were rescued by neighbors. One of whom was affected by smoke inhalation and treated at the scene. No one was transported to the hospital.
The fire was under control about an hour after units arrived. Central Valley Fire District, Bozeman Fire Department, Hyalite Fire Department, American Medical Response, and the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Department all responded to the incident.
The fire report revealed that a juvenile child started the fire with a cigarette lighter. No criminal charges are expected in this incident.
A family member posted the following on a GoFundMe page (see button below) on Saturday:
Please help my cousin, who's a single mother, rebuild everything she lost this morning in a house fire. She was able to run through the fire to get the kids and pets out, but lost everything else.
She is also in need of a home, since it was a complete loss. If anyone has a low income rental or anything available, it'd be greatly appreciated, she has 3 young kids, a 4 yr old son, a 3 yr old daughter and a 1 yr old son, who's birthday is tomorrow (2/28/2021). She needs bottles for the baby and clothes for all the kids and herself.
Any funds gained through this will be used to rebuild their lives. The support from our community will greatly help them. They are 7th generation Montanans and love the valley, please show them the community has their back. Anything helps, please consider helping her and her kids.
If you would like to help, click on the button below.