A Foot of Snow Possible in SW Montana This Week
Yup. The high elevations of the Crazies and the Absaroka/Beartooth Mountains could get a foot of snow by Wednesday night. A rain/snow mix is in the Bozeman forecast through Thursday.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.
- WHAT...Heavy snow and gusty winds.
- Total snow accumulations of over a foot possible. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
- WHERE...In Wyoming, Northeast Bighorn Mountains. In Montana, Absaroka/Beartooth Mountains and Crazy Mountains.
- WHEN...From Tuesday morning through Wednesday evening.
- Travel and backcountry conditions could be very difficult to impossible.
- A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel.