2020 Jim Bridger Trail Run IS HAPPENING: September 26th
The world famous Jim Bridger Trail Run IS ON! It's happening on Saturday, September 26th with the proceeds to benefit the Bridger Foothills Wildfire Relief Fund.
- WHAT: Jim Bridger Trail Run 2020 (10 mile tail run)
- WHEN: Saturday, September 26th, 2020
- COST: $45 to register (must register by September 24th at 11pm)
- This is the 27th Annual Bridger Trail Run!
- WHERE: This 10-mile race will start at the end of Sypes Canyon Road and will take runners through the foothills of the Bridger Mountains.
- There is 2,000 ft vertical gain!
- REGISTER HERE FOR THE 2020 BRIDGER TRAIL RUN
- COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS AND SAFETY: Masks will be mandatory in the start/finish area. We will use self-selected waves to help seed faster runners earlier in order to minimize passing on the trail.
- Waves of up to 40 people each, with the first group starting at 8 a.m.
- No aid stations: please carry your own hydration and fuel needs.
- All racers will receive a JBTR t-shirt and age group prizes will be awarded.
- PROCEEDS: will be split between the Bridger Foothills Wildfire Relief Fund (through One Valley and Greater Gallatin United Way) and the BSF Nordic Pro Team.
- BACKUP PLAN: If for some reason the course is not accessible due to the fire clean-up, they will host a road running race. Same place, same times/waves.
- The iconic JBTR course features a scenic loop starting at Sypes Canyon trailhead and continuing across private property only accessible on race day. Great climbs follow as the runners head up Middle Cottonwood after a challenging water crossing, then continue across the Bridgers and down Sypes Canyon.
- (Due to COVID-19 there will be no aid stations along the course this year. Please carry all the food/water you need).