Watch Out For These Recalled Dog Treats
Merrick Pet Care, a popular dog food and treat brand, is voluntarily recalling select beef dog treats. According to their websites, you can find Merrick products at Murdochs, Petco and Walmart stores.
The recall was because of the potential of containing elevated levels of naturally-occurring beef thyroid hormone. This hormone may cause weight loss, increased heart rate and restlessness and increased thirst and urination. With long term consumption the symptoms may increase in severity.
This is only on specific production codes on these products:
- Castor & Pollux Good Buddy Prime Patties Real Beef Recipe 4 oz.
- Castor & Pollux Good Buddy Sausage Cuts Real Beef Recipe 5 oz.
- Merrick Backcountry Great Plains Real Beef Jerky 4.5 oz.
- Merrick Backcountry Great Plains Real Beef Sausage Cuts 5 oz.
- Merrick Backcountry Great Plains Real Steak Patties 4 oz.
See the specific UPC codes that are affected by the voluntary recall here.