Up to 5 Inches of Snow Expected in SW Montana Mountains
It's going to be a blustery couple of days in SW Montana with Winter Weather Advisories for several counties. Higher elevations could see up to 5 inches of snow by Wednesday morning.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM WEDNESDAY ABOVE 6000 FEET.
- WHAT: Snow...Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches above 6000 feet, with less than 2 inches below 6000 feet.
- WHERE: Beaverhead and Jefferson counties amoung others...
- WHEN: Until 9 AM Wednesday.
- Travel could become difficult over mountain passes, primarily this evening through early Wednesday morning.
- Travel could become difficult over the continental divide including Marias, Rogers and MacDonald passes, primarily this evening through early Wednesday morning.
- Expect snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.