Tips to Stay COVID-19 Free During Operation Takeout
A big thanks to everyone who is participating today in Operation Takeout. The local restaurants are, I'm sure, excited and appreciative that our local community is stepping up to support them during this crazy, and yes, trying time. It's moments like Operation Takeout that will help us through this, and yes, we will get through it.
To make sure we all stay extra-safe and coronavirus free, and also provide you with some comfort, here's some tips that will help if you're ordering takeout foods with us today or in the future.
- Once you get your food home, remove it from whatever packaging it's in and put it on a plate. While the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have said there is no evidence to suggest the virus can be spread through food or food packaging, COVID-19 is believed to be able to survive on plastic or hard surfaces up to three days, or for up to 24 hours on cardboard.
- Politely say no to plastic utensils and use your own silverware at home.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- If you're opting to participate in Operation Takeout by using a delivery service, ask the food delivery person to leave order at your door. Avoid any contact with delivery person.
- If possible, pay over the phone so you can grab and go. This will help the restaurants move food faster and help keep people from having to wait inside at the cash register. If you do pay at the counter, please remember to social distance at least six feet from the others around you.
Remember, we're supporting our local restaurants who have to close their dinning rooms until April 3rd. Order takeout for at least one meal today, whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Choose your favorite restaurant or consult our list by clicking on the button below.
Enjoy your meals today, XL Nation, and thank you for taking part in Operation Takeout! Oh, take lots of pics and post them on our XL Country Facebook page!