Things You Need to Accept to Be Happy
I've been told that expectations are simply premeditated resentments. Roll with life and keep these 10 things in mind on your quest to find happiness.
Elite Daily lists 10 things you are just to accept if you want to find happiness. Crazy enough, these make perfect sense.
- You can't control everything. Take a look at the things you can change rather than the things you can't. It will save you stress and energy.
- Life will likely turn out differently than you'd planned. When someone asks, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years," I get so stressed out. I want to answer correctly but I know I won't be. Sure, you can set goals but where you think you'll be is probably not where you will end up. That's okay.
- Count on the bumps in the road. If you focus on those bumps, you'll get bogged down. Now that you're prepared for those bumps, ignore them and focus on the good things in life. When you put those thoughts in front of you, you'll be able to see the goodness more clearly.
- Someone else will always have a better life. It's inevitable. Stop comparing and rock your bad self.
- Everything works out perfectly. I actually have a bracelet that says 'ewop'. Life does work out perfectly. It's the way it was intended. That's it. The end. We can't change it so let's take a minute and look at the "what if ______ wouldn't have happened, I wouldn't have (insert amazing person) in my life."
- There's only so much you can control. It's not over until it's over. If things are looking down, remember there's a plot twist coming. It always does.
- You've made mistakes and you'll make more. We move on. Sure, it totally sucks in the middle of it all. Like COMPLETELY SUCKS but we survive.
- You'll never make everyone happy. This is something I struggle with every single day. What? Someone doesn't like me? Aaaaaagggggghhhhh! I wish I was being sarcastic. Learn to say 'no' and keep focused on the things that are important to you. Easier said than done, right?
- Just let it happen. Those things you can't control, don't try. Take a deep breath and sit back. Things will happen how they will happen. How you react to them is where you'll shine.
- Set goals and crush them! Little by little, set goals and knock them out of the park. It's an awesome feeling knowing that you accomplished something you wanted to accomplish. Add a little fun to it and you'll be in a very happy place.