Music on Main Launches GoFundMe for a New Stage
Music on Main is a much-loved downtown Bozeman tradition. Throwing 8 huge, free concerts every summer gets expensive but now there's an easy way to help buy a real stage.
The Lowdown: Help sustain Music on Main by donating toward a new stage
- Music on Main is Bozeman’s free community music series since 2001. This series is 100% funded by generous community sponsors.
- NO tax dollars are used for this event.
- Music on Main has grown from 500 to 3,000+ attendees per night. Expenses have outpaced the sponsorship dollars by approximately 40%.
- Owning a stage will reduce the weekly expense by a similar amount to the current fund shortage, thereby provide long-term sustainability.
- MOM needs your help to keep this family-friendly community event in Bozeman.
Music on Main began in the summer of 2001 and featured only one concert by local bluegrass favorite Kane’s River, on the side-street of South Bozeman Avenue.
The event evolved into a series of concerts, and benefited from additions such as an array of children’s activities, food vendors, sponsored activities, and non-profit information booths.
In 2007, Music on Main moved onto Main Street and has been there ever since.
Check out the Music on Main GoFundMe page here...