Montana’s Favorite Christmas Movie Revealed
Grab your popcorn and settle in to find out America’s favorite Christmas movies and which movie Montanans prefer. House Method conducted a survey of over 4,500 Americans and they revealed:
- 24 states picked “A Christmas Story” - Including Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, DC, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and West Virginia
- 11 states chose “Elf” - Including Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- 4 states favored “Home Alone” - Including California, Idaho, Louisiana, and Maryland.
- 3 states prefer “It’s a Wonderful Life” - Including Wyoming, Illinois, and South Carolina.
- 2 states named “Die Hard” - Including Vermont and Kansas
Now, where does Montana come down on Christmas movies?
Montana was one of only two states to pick “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” Though when it comes to the Grinch, there are several movies including:
- The 1966 animated version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” is brief but it lets Dr. Seuss’s words to take the main stage for this TV feature.
- The 2000 live-action of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” starring Jim Carrey is longer and fills in some gaps in the story.
- An animated 2018 version called “The Grinch” features the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch.
Unfortunately, the survey doesn’t address which version Montana and Rhode Island prefer.
When it comes to Christmas Movies, it seems that there is definitely an American favorite with "A Christmas Story" being widely popular. Instead of breaking it down by state, YouGov broke it down by generation and revealed:
- Millennials named “Home Alone” (24%) as their favorite, followed by “Elf” (18%), and “A Christmas Story” (11%)
- Gen X respondents named “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (17%) as their favorite, followed by “A Christmas Story” (13%), and “Elf" (12%)
- Baby Boomers named “It’s A Wonderful Life" (24%) as their favorite, followed by “Miracle on 34th Street” (14%), and “A Christmas Story” (12%)
So what’s your favorite Christmas movie? Do you align with most Montanas? I’ll admit, I really like “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” but I’m not sure it’s my favorite. . .