60 MPH Winds for Bozeman Area Wednesday
Several counties including Gallatin, Jefferson and Broadwater will see very gusty winds up to 60 MPH through Wednesday.
According to the National Weather Service:
HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM WEDNESDAY
- WHAT...West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
- WHERE...Meagher, Gallatin, Jefferson and Broadwater.
- WHEN...From 6 AM this morning to 7 PM MST this evening.
- IMPACTS...Blowing dust could reduce visibility to near zero at times.
- Gusty winds could blow down tree limbs and power lines.
- Travel will be difficult, especially for high-profile vehicles.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS...In addition to the strong winds, low humidity during the afternoon will result in elevated fire danger in grassland areas where snow cover is absent.
- Secure loose objects. Use caution if you must drive