Sweet Pea Festival Ice Sculpture Carving: THIS SATURDAY
Join us! It's the 5th Annual Sweet Pea Festival Ice Sculpture Carving Contest will be held THIS SATURDAY at Soroptimist Park in downtown Bozeman. It's super fun to watch so bundle up and come on down.
Please note that Soroptimist Park (at the corner of Main and Rouse) is not a very large park and social distancing will be enforced. There may be times when the park is 'full' but the GOOD NEWS is that the sculptures will be on display until they melt. You'll have lots of time to see the works of art in ice.
There will be a demo for beginner carvers on Friday, January 29th from 1pm to 4pm, BTW. Come see how it's done and learn some easy tricks to carve ice.
- WHAT: Sweet Pea Festival Ice Sculpture Carving Contest 2021
- WHEN: Carving happens on Saturday, January 30th, 2021
- TIME: 9am to 3pm
- WHERE: Soroptimist Park in downtown Bozeman (corner of Main and Rouse)
- CARVERS: There will be 10 to 12 carvers creating works of art in ice
- The ice and pedestal is being provided by the Sweet Pea Festival so everyone has the same starting point to begin carving.
- CASH Prizes will be awarding for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- All the carvings will be judged by a panel of volunteers.
You may notice some beautiful lamp banners in downtown promoting the Ice Sculpture Contest. Those banners were designed by Mary Peters. She won $1,000 cash for her winning entry.
There are tons of ways for you to get involved with the Sweet Pea Festival. They put on several fun events throughout the year, in addition to the huge annual festival. If you'd like to get involved, check out the volunteer page at the Sweet Pea Festival website.