BAHA Announces Early Ice: September 14th Rink Opening
That's two whole weeks ahead of the normal 'ice' schedule! The early ice is due to heavy fundraising by the Bozeman Amateur Hockey Association. The Ressler Ice Rink is set to open on September 14th.
For those not familiar, there are two sheets of ice that make up the complex at the Gallatin County Fairgrounds.
The two sheets are in separate buildings, side by side. The newer of the two is the Ice Barn, Ressler Motors Ice Rink. The original is known as the Bottcher Memorial Ice Rink.
Appropriate insulation was able to be purchased and installed for the roof and south wall of the Ice Barn. This was absolutely key in being able to get that sheet of ice open two weeks earlier than normal.
KEEP IN MIND FOR 2020: Many camps, clinics and programs will have a strict limited capacity, not allowing for flexibility. When programs are full, they are full, no exceptions.
The Bozeman Amateur Hockey Association has released it's initial calendar of events pertaining to ice sports at the complex:
- Online Registration Opens - Monday, August 17th
- Youth Hockey Scholarship Application Deadline - Monday, August 24th
- Hocktober Scramble Registration Deadline - Sunday, August 30th
- Gallatin Ice Website Debut - Monday, September 1st
- First Day of Ice on Ressler Ice Rink - Monday, September 14th
- Hocktober Scramble Begins - Monday, September 14th
- Youth Pre-Season Clinics Begin - Tuesday, September 15th
- Weaver Camp Begins - Friday, September 18th
- HHL Online Registration Closes (late fees apply after this date) - Friday, October 11th
- First Day of Ice on Bottcher Memorial Ice Rink - Monday, October 26th
- Haynes Hockey League Begins - Sunday, November 1st