The Boiling River Favors the Early Risers During Winter: Hours and Rules
“Winter hours” doesn’t mean limited access to the Boiling River. We were surprised to read how EARLY in the morning you can soak in the warm water down near Gardiner.
Starting October 10th, winter hours will be in effect for the Boiling River until Spring. (The river is closed to swimming during Spring high water in April or May….dates vary year by year.)
- The Boiling River will be open from 5 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily – Winter Hours
- Bathing is only permitted during designated hours
- For visitor safety, night use is prohibited
- Bathing suits are required
- There are no lifeguards on duty and the current of the river can be swift. All soaking is undertaken at the visitor’s own risk.
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Please note: you may soak in the river, not in the hot spring itself.